Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From Aebleskiver and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs. Number of servings is a guestimate.
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pitted prune
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 seedless orange, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, seeds removed, peeled and diced
- 3 apples, cored, pared, and diced
- 3 peaches, pared, pitted, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Bring water to a boil; add sugar and salt.
- Make a paste of the cornstarch and a little water; add to boiling mixture, stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken in a minute or two.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add fruits, tapioca, and cinnamon stocks and boil slowly for 1 hour.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Serve hot or cold.
Scrumptious! I added dried apricots, otherwise as described. Brings back memories of travelling in rural Denmark 20 years ago.