Recipe by mandabears
This is very much like a German dessert called Rote Grutze. I love it in the summer, it is really refreshing.
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries, without syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sour cream (optional)
- ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix dry gelatin and salt.
- Gradually stir in boiling water until gelatin is well dissolved.
- Add raspberries, cold water and lemon juice: mix well.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving; stir soup.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and ground nutmeg if desired.