Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
If the strawberries are not sweet enough for your taste, add an extra tablespoon sugar. The lime juice enhances the flavor. This also works well with nectarines or apricots. To add some color, you may top with other fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Time does not include chilling.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan. Mash with a potato masher. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved and there are no lumps. Add to the berries.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture begins to boil and becomes transparent.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice.
- Spoon the pudding into serving dishes. Refrigerate about 1 hour, until chilled.
- To serve: top with heavy cream, yogurt, or sour cream. Sprinkle with sugar.