Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tasty little morsels are similar to a pikelet or flapjack and a fantastic use for leftover rice. My 19 month old daughter likes these with cream cheese but they are also good with jam or honey. Would make a great healthy lunchbox treat too!
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄3 cup sultanas or 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- icing sugar, to dust
- jam, to serve
- Mix together all ingredients except icing sugar & jam.
- Fry tablespoons of the mixture in butter until lightly browned on one side then flip and cook other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar & serve with jam.
Really tasty and a great use for leftover rice. I love the combo of powdered sugar and lemon on these. Can't wait to make them again! I used a little less raisins (personal preference, I don't care for raisins and may try for dry cherries or cranberries next try). **Made for March 2008 Beverage Tag**
What a neat little recipe...and so tasty, too! I made exactly as the recipe calls for (used raisins) except I didn't dust with powdered sugar...we used honey and jam. Great way to use up leftover rice! *Aus/NZ Recipe Swap 10/07*
These are yummy! My new favorite breakfast treat. I've made them twice as written- although I did toast my almonds. My favorite way to enjoy them is to spread with cream cheese, and drizzle them with honey. I can't stop eating them! Thanks Mandy- this one's a definite keeper. I also tried a variation that I liked *almost* as much. I left out the almonds, sweetened the mixture, and added some vanilla. Made this way they taste like my Granny's rice pudding!