These are delicious and versatile. These are traditional in the Danish Mock Turtle soup. Serve them as an appetizer with a dip or make it as a fish loaf. Any way it is good In one of the pictures you will see that I made a sauce and fried them - these went over really well. They are wonderful in a curry sauce
- Mix seasoning with the minced fish and the flour.
- Beat the mixture very well and integrate the butter.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add the liquid.
- If the mixture curdles stand the bowl in hot water and whisk until it is smooth again.
- Check your seasoning.
- Shape the farce into round balls using 2 spoons dipped in hot water.
- Bring about 2 pints of salted water to a boil.
- Cook one ball to check the consistency.
- Add more egg if the ball is too soft, or cream if it is too stiff.
- If the ball is right cook all the balls, they only take a minute to cook and float when done.
- Serve as an appetizer, use in the Danish mock turtle soup or make it in a ring shaped mold and serve it with a sauce as your main course.