Recipe by Bergy
This meatball recipe can be used as an appetizer, main course or used in the traditional Mock Turtle Soup.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Made these with pork and beef and followed intructions as listed with great results. I served these as a finger food with cheddar cheese and chive dip. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 8 ounces lean pork, minced up to 10 times, it must be very finely minced
- 8 ounces veal or 8 ounces beef, minced up to 10 times it must be very finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch allspice or 1 pinch nutmeg or 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup soda water
- 1 small onion, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pork and veal, seasonings.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix flour with the liquid and add gradually to the meat.
- finally add the grated onion.
- Beat the mixture extremely well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Shape the meat into balls sized to suit what you are using them for.
- For Mock Turtle soup, you will want small balls and you will want to boil them for a few minutes or you can make patties and fry them.
- For appetizers, make small balls and fry them, serve with a dip In any case cook until done It is always a good idea to just cook one meat ball to check the consistency, seasoning etc.
- Adjust if necessary.
- The important thing is to beat the meat mixture and beat it again.