1/1 Photo of Danish (Fars) Meatballs
This meatball recipe can be used as an appetizer, main course or used in the traditional Mock Turtle Soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lean pork, minced up to 10 times, it must be very finely minced
- 8 ounces veal or 8 ounces beef, minced up to 10 times it must be very finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch allspice or 1 pinch nutmeg or 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2-3/4 cup soda water
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1Mix pork and veal, seasonings.
- 2Stir in the egg.
- 3Mix flour with the liquid and add gradually to the meat.
- 4finally add the grated onion.
- 5Beat the mixture extremely well.
- 6Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- 7Shape the meat into balls sized to suit what you are using them for.
- 8For Mock Turtle soup, you will want small balls and you will want to boil them for a few minutes or you can make patties and fry them.
- 9For appetizers, make small balls and fry them, serve with a dip In any case cook until done It is always a good idea to just cook one meat ball to check the consistency, seasoning etc.
- 10Adjust if necessary.
- 11The important thing is to beat the meat mixture and beat it again.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish (Fars) Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g