Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
You cook these sweet treats in a ebleskiver pan, but a sandwich maker, the kind you can put a slice on bread in and the filling and another piece of bread on top and then close down the top of maker will work too. Posted for ZWT'06.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon color.
- Mix buttermilk, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into egg yolks, mix well.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Place a small amount of oil into each cup of baking pan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Fill each cup with about 2/3 cup of mixture.
- Cook until bubbly and set around edges.
- Turn with a tooth pick.
- Cook on the other side until golden. Remove from pan set on paper lined tray and dust with powder sugar.
Finally someone knows what an ebleskiver and ebleskiver pan are! This allways an excellent breakfast food.