Recipe by nannie jo
You cook these sweet treats in a ebleskiver pan, but a sandwich maker, the kind you can put a slice on bread in and the filling and another piece of bread on top and then close down the top of maker will work too. Posted for ZWT'06.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon color.
- Mix buttermilk, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into egg yolks, mix well.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Place a small amount of oil into each cup of baking pan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Fill each cup with about 2/3 cup of mixture.
- Cook until bubbly and set around edges.
- Turn with a tooth pick.
- Cook on the other side until golden. Remove from pan set on paper lined tray and dust with powder sugar.