Recipe by Narshmellow
This is my family's favorite soup dumpling. The nutmeg makes it so great. It came with my grandmother's side of the family from Denmark. She made them whenever we had chicken soup and we fought for them.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk and butter in a medium sized saucepan and on medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil turn off heat and add the nutmeg, salt and flour.
- Stir until thick and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a compact mass.
- Set aside and let cool for around a half an hour you don't want to cook the eggs.
- When it is cool beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Drop into hot soup and cover for ten to fifteen minutes.
- They are done when they've risen to the top and doubled in size.