Happy Hippie's Note:
An Allrecipes.com dish that could be served as an appetizer or a main dish. This would be a terrific buffet dish; would make a beautiful presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- 2Add salt, sugar, and dill sprigs; stir until sugar has dissolved.
- 3Pour in shrimp and cook until the shells turn pink, and the meat is no longer translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Strain the shrimp through a colander, discard dill sprigs, and chill until cold in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- 5Once shrimp have cooled, peel and devein them; discard the shells.
- 6Whisk together oil, vinegar, minced dill, salt, and pepper
- 7Toss with shrimp meat to coat.
- 8Cover, and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- 9Serve with sprigs of fresh dill.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Dilled Shrimp (Rejer)
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 3867.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar