Recipe by Happy Hippie
An Allrecipes.com dish that could be served as an appetizer or a main dish. This would be a terrific buffet dish; would make a beautiful presentation.
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 5 sprigs dill
- 2 lbs shrimp, medium with shells
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add salt, sugar, and dill sprigs; stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in shrimp and cook until the shells turn pink, and the meat is no longer translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain the shrimp through a colander, discard dill sprigs, and chill until cold in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- Once shrimp have cooled, peel and devein them; discard the shells.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, minced dill, salt, and pepper
- Toss with shrimp meat to coat.
- Cover, and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve with sprigs of fresh dill.