From Aebleskiver and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs. Time for dough to rise is not included in Prep Time.
- Soften yeast in the warm water. Set aside.
- Heat cottage cheese to warm (not hot!); stir in sugar, onion, butter, dill or caraway seeds, salt, soda, and egg.
- Add the yeast and mix well.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff dough (not sticky).
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down and shape into two loaves.
- Put loaves into two well-greased loaf pans and let rise again until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.