Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake is very refreshing. I make it in the summer. It's the perfect finish to a barbecue or great cake to take to a pot-luck.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces white cake mix (you will use a little over half)
- 1 1⁄8 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream or 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 4 3⁄4 ounces junket danish dessert mix
- 19 ounces frozen strawberries or 19 ounces raspberries or 1 pint fresh strawberries or 1 pint fresh raspberry
- Use a little more than half of the cake mix, add water, egg whites and oil. Bake as directed in a 9x13 inch pan. Let cake cool.
- Mix the powered sugar with the cream cheese together till smooth.
- Whip the whipping cream and fold into powered sugar and cream cheese mixture.
- Pour on cooled cake and put in fridge.
- Cook Danish Dessert according to package directions.
- When Danish Dessert has cooled add fruit and put on top of cream cheese mixture.
There aren't many recipes I've found that include Junket Danish Dessert Mix, so when I spotted this one, I just had to try it ~ It's easy to make, it makes a nice presentation, AND it tastes very, very good! Well worth trying, people! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the Cookbook Tag game]