Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious cake to make, with a homemade whipped cream frosting and a strawberry glazed topping- so good! My friend Liz, shared this recipe with me after having this cake at her suprise birthday party this year. This was a recipe that I had to have. **Danish Dessert is found next to the Jell-O in baking section at the grocery store.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix, prepared with according to box directions
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) box strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix, prepared with according to box directions
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint strawberry
- Prepare white cake mix according to package directions baked in 2 round cake pans.
- Prepare the box of Danish Dessert according to directions.
- While Danish dessert is cooling make frosting:.
- Beat whipping cream until fluffy and soft.
- Set aside.
- Then beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until thoroughly combined.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until throughly combined.
- Cut each cake round in half so you have four layers.
- Stack and frost layers.
- Stem and slice strawberries in half and make a border of the strawberries around the top of the cake.
- Chop remaining strawberries and add to cooled Danish Dessert and pour into the middle of the strawberry border on the cake.
- You can be creative and put a layer of Danish dessert in the middle layer of cake as a filling.
- This recipe cake can also be made in a jelly roll pan, then frost top and then spread Danish Dessert over the top.