1/1 Photo of Danish Dessert Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Easy and delicious cake to make, with a homemade whipped cream frosting and a strawberry glazed topping- so good! My friend Liz, shared this recipe with me after having this cake at her suprise birthday party this year. This was a recipe that I had to have. **Danish Dessert is found next to the Jell-O in baking section at the grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix, prepared with according to box directions
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) box strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix, prepared with according to box directions
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1Prepare white cake mix according to package directions baked in 2 round cake pans.
- 2Prepare the box of Danish Dessert according to directions.
- 3While Danish dessert is cooling make frosting:.
- 4Beat whipping cream until fluffy and soft.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Then beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until thoroughly combined.
- 7Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until throughly combined.
- 8Cut each cake round in half so you have four layers.
- 9Stack and frost layers.
- 10Stem and slice strawberries in half and make a border of the strawberries around the top of the cake.
- 11Chop remaining strawberries and add to cooled Danish Dessert and pour into the middle of the strawberry border on the cake.
- 12You can be creative and put a layer of Danish dessert in the middle layer of cake as a filling.
- 13This recipe cake can also be made in a jelly roll pan, then frost top and then spread Danish Dessert over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Dessert Cake
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 378.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix