Recipe by mandabears
Found this in an amish cookbook. It was a fundraiser for a traditional Amish school where the students stop their education after 8th grade. It tastes like a German dessert called Rote Grutze or a packaged mix Danish Dessert made by Junket. This is better and easier.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packagekool-aid unsweetened flavored drink mix
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fruit jell (found near the canning supplies)
- 1⁄3 cup gelatin powder (use the same flavor as your Kool-Aid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Kool-Aid, 7 cups water and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat until boiling.
- In a separate bowl mix clear jel and 1 cup water.
- Add to hot mixture in saucepan.
- Cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Jello.
- Refrigerate Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.