1/1 Photo of Danish Delights - Any Fruit, Pie Filling or Almond
This is a modified Meduri Farms recipes from Smart Cooking the Costco Way. I prefer fresh fruit, this recipe calls for dried. Just be aware that if you use fresh, there will be juice escape from the fruit during cooking. I later further modified it to allow for pie filling, almond paste or jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar (More if you have a real sweet tooth or 1/4 cup Splenda)
- 1 small egg (if large, beat and just add half or double the recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (go juicy and try fresh or use pie filling or jam) or 1/2 cup almond paste (go juicy and try fresh or use pie filling or jam)
- 1 batch crescent roll (Crescent Rolls without the kosher salt and caraway or roll Pillsbury seamless)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, soft
- nuts (to garnish)
- 1Beat cream cheese, cottage cheese (if using) and sugar until smooth in a mixer. Add egg, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- 2If using dried fruit, fold it into the cream cheese mixture. If using fresh fruit, jam or pie filling, hold it aside.
- 3If using Pillsbury rolls, open crescent rolls. Do not unroll, just slice into 8 pieces. If you made your own, shape into 8 rounds.
- 4Place on silpat. Press in the center to make a depression for the cream cheese and fruit/filling or jam.
- 5Place 1/8th of the mixture in the center of each. If using fresh fruit, pie filling or jam, spoon some on top of that in the center of each.
- 6If using nuts, sprinkle on top now.
- 7Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Remove fro oven and place on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- 9Mix butter and confectioners' sugar. Then add milk and mix to make icing.
- 10Drizzle over each danish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Delights - Any Fruit, Pie Filling or Almond
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g