Recipe by Scandigirl
Danish lunch anyone? Try my lowfat creation!
Top Review by flower7
This was really good! I was pleasantly surprised - after tasting the cottage cheese mixture I thought it would be just OK, but after adding the ham and cheese it was great! Love the touch of heat from the chiles. I cut this in half to make one serving and used whole wheat bread and Black Forest ham. Broiled on high for a few minutes just to melt the cheese on top (the cottage cheese was still mostly cold). This made a good quick (and healthy) weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, including tops
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jarred mild jalapeno peppers, rings
- 4 slices rye crisps or 2 slices rye bread
- 2 ounces jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces reduced-sodium ham, sliced