Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from Christian's Danish Recipes.
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 toast, slices buttered
- lettuce, for garnish
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until golden brown.
- Mix cornstarch and half-and-half.
- Add to mushrooms and simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Fold in cheese until it melts smoothly into sauce.
- Add salt, cayenne, and sherry.
- Serve over toast garnished with lettuce.