- 4 beef sirloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices svenbo cheese or 4 slices danbo cheese
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound steaks. Spread with mustard.
- Top each with slice of Danish ham and cheese (both slices smaller than the steaks).
- Fold steaks over and secure with skewers.
- Mix flour with seasonings. Dip each steak in flour on both sides, then in egg, finally in bread crumbs.
- Fry over high heat in butter for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.