Danish - Confectioners Cream Filling
- Whisk half and half, cornstarch and sugar together in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Whisk yolk and vanilla together in a small bowl, whisk a little of the hot liquid into yolk mixture to temper.
- Pour yolk mixture into boiled mixture and cook, simmering and stirring for 30 seconds.
- Scrape into bowl and cover with plastic against the surface to prevent skin from forming.
- Can be kept refrigerated for 3 days.