Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 6.Chilling time not included.
Make and share this Danish Coleslaw - Kålsalat recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cabbage (shredded )
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped )
- 1⁄2 red pepper (chopped )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Place vegetables together in a salad bowl.
- Combine all the seasonings and spices and add to the vegetables, tossing well.
- Add sugar, vinegar and oil and mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill 1 hour.
My family did not like this and I made exactly as stated. Nothing against your recipe just wasn't for us.
July 22, 2010...I like this recipe because it is colorful and there is not a lot of dressing. I used about 3 1/2 cups of cabbage that I packed into the measuring cup. Onion powder was used instead of onion salt and I left out the salt. Next time I make this I may try 1/4 of salt. Made for Please Review My Recipe 2010
Too salty. If that salt was cut down it would be alright. I used green cabbage, red and yellow bell pepper per preference. I did not add celery salt, I'm not sure what it is. I used garlic salt in place of onion salt as that is what I had on hand. For the salt I used sea salt. For the white pepper I used freshly ground black pepper. I added a bit more celery seed than called for because of omitting the celery salt. I used brown sugar which was good, the vinegar, a unrefined extra virgin olive oil and threw in a hand full of dark California raisins which was a nice addition. Made for Veggie Swap 27 ~ October 2010.