Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely variation of Cafe Mocha from the River Road Recipes cookbook of the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄3 cup chilled whipping cream
- Chill bowl and beaters; whip cream until it stands in peaks.
- In a medium saucepan heat chocolate, water, sugar, coffee, and salt stirring until chocolate melts and comes to a boil; reduce heat and cook for three minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return to heat until piping hot (not boiled).
- Serve in cups garnished with a dollop of whipped cream.
Mmmmm very good. Thanks for a nice after work pick me up. I too found it somewhat difficult to make only 2 servings. I also chose to use fresh brewed coffee instead of instant.
This was different, rich and delicious - even though I had a bit of a struggle reducing the quantities to make just two cups. After some trial and error, I arrived at the following. 14 grams chocolate (I used Lindt dark cooking chocolate) 80ml(4 tbs)water 3-4 teaspoons sugar 5 teaspoons instant coffee 1 pinch salt 1 1/3 cups milk 3 tablespoons whipped cream
Sunday papers & this lovely coffee. A great combination. I did scale the recipe back to serve two. Thanks for posting :)