Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely variation of Cafe Mocha from the River Road Recipes cookbook of the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄3 cup chilled whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill bowl and beaters; whip cream until it stands in peaks.
- In a medium saucepan heat chocolate, water, sugar, coffee, and salt stirring until chocolate melts and comes to a boil; reduce heat and cook for three minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return to heat until piping hot (not boiled).
- Serve in cups garnished with a dollop of whipped cream.