I love making bars because they don't require all the work of shaping of cookies. Just press the dough in a pan, bake, and cut into bars. A delicious holiday treat and can be made ahead and frozen.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg; add remaining ingredients except granulated sugar and mix well (use your hands if necessary).
- Press dough into ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over bars.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into bars.
- Cool completely; remove from pan and store in airtight container.