Recipe by Bec
I love making bars because they don't require all the work of shaping of cookies. Just press the dough in a pan, bake, and cut into bars. A delicious holiday treat and can be made ahead and frozen.
Top Review by mums the word
These bars are wonderful! It's like a cinnabon in a square. Deeeelicious! I have been doing a lot of baking for a 50th Anniversary and needed another bar or square but was running out of chocolate chips and raisins etc. So, it was great to find this recipe which has ingredients you would find in any pantry. Very budget friendly and a unique bar to include on a goody tray. I may drizzle some glaze on half of them and see how that works. My family of "guineau pigs" loved them too! I highly recommend this as a must try recipe. Thx so much Bec!
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg; add remaining ingredients except granulated sugar and mix well (use your hands if necessary).
- Press dough into ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over bars.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into bars.
- Cool completely; remove from pan and store in airtight container.