Recipe by Smilyn
My grandmother is full Dane and I found a few recipes to post when I was doing some research. If the recipe seems a bit "choppy" it is because they are old. Please use your discretion when baking these. Serve warm or cold over any dessert.
- 8 tablespoons semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cognac
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir chocolate and milk in the top of a double boiler over hot water until well mixed.
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar together.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little of the hot chocolate mixture.
- Mix well and stir into the yolk and sugar.
- Add this to the mixture in top of double boiler and let come to the boiling point.
- Remove from heat and add the cognac.
- Beat and let rest a few moments.
- Serve warm or cold over any dessert.