This is another one of my husbands family recipes. The index card (now yellow with age) says it is Auntie Vivian Cornwall's recipe. It is really good, but you need to take care not to over-bake the bottom layer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup flour.
- 3Press into greased 9x13 pan and bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 4Mix together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and baking powder.
- 5Pour over baked bottom layer.
- 6Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- 7Bake 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Chocolate Bars
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 192.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g