Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is another one of my husbands family recipes. The index card (now yellow with age) says it is Auntie Vivian Cornwall's recipe. It is really good, but you need to take care not to over-bake the bottom layer.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup flour.
- Press into greased 9x13 pan and bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and baking powder.
- Pour over baked bottom layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 20 minutes more.
These are incredibly good! I was looking for something to throw together quickly and still enjoy warm, as my sweet tooth needed to be satisfied! I sure picked a winner with this recipe. If I were to take these to a gathering, I'd dress up the top with some chopped nuts or a light frosting, as they have a "plain jane" appearance. We will enjoy these again, for sure. Thanks for sharing one of your hubby's favorites!