1/3 Photos of Danish Cherry Soup (Kirsebærsuppe)
From Aebleskiver and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs. Number of servings is a guesstimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit one cup of cherries and reserve.
- 2Cook remaining cherries in 3 quarts water; when tender, press through a sieve.
- 3Add the cup of pitted cherries, cinnamon stick, and lemon slices to the juice.
- 4Cook slowly for a few minutes.
- 5Make a paste of cornstarch and a little juice or water; add to soup, stirring constantly.
- 6Bring to a boil and add the sugar.
- 7Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Cherry Soup (Kirsebærsuppe)
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g