Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These burgers are tasty, hearty, moist and very easy to make. The flavors are simply fabulous. The recipe comes from Rachael Ray. Tip: Put the cheese in the freezer while you prep everything - just 10 minutes in a deep freeze makes the dicing a lot easier.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, a palm full
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 button mushrooms, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb havarti with dill (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus a couple tablespoons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (can be snipped with kitchen scissors)
- 3 -4 tablespoons capers, drained run your knife through them once
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded then thinly sliced
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 crusty poppy seed rolls or 4 buns, of your choice
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- gourmet potato chips (such as Terra Chips Onion and Herb Yukon Gold or blue potato chips)
- Combine ground chicken, poultry seasoning, chopped shallots, Dijon mustard, chopped mushroom, diced Havarti, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Separate meat into four equal portions and form into 1" thick patties.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over patties and place them in the hot skillet. Cook 6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, dill and capers; then season with salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl combine cucumbers, half the red onion, tomatoes and 3/4 of the spinach. Dress salad with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then drizzle with a couple tablespoons olive oil to coat lightly and evenly. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Split rolls or buns. Place burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with sliced radishes, baby spinach and a heaping spoonful of herb-caper dressing slathered across bun tops.
- Add remaining sauce to salad and toss.
- Fancy chips finish the plate.
I love this recipe! I have used Harvarti-like cheese and they always turn out wonderful!!
These are seriously great chicken burgers! I had to sub cream cheese with garlic and herbs for the havarti (coouldn't find it at any delis) and it was still delicious! We really enjoyed leftovers wathing the AFL grand final today, thanks for posting!
Geez, Cheryl..how do you keep coming up with the 10 star recipes??? The only words uttered thru the whole meal was UMMMMMM! I used ground turkey breast, other than that followed the recipe exactly! OH my gosh Havarti w/dill is yummy! Then anything with capers is going to be a winner in my book! Thanks Cheryl!!