Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These burgers are tasty, hearty, moist and very easy to make. The flavors are simply fabulous. The recipe comes from Rachael Ray. Tip: Put the cheese in the freezer while you prep everything - just 10 minutes in a deep freeze makes the dicing a lot easier.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, a palm full
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 button mushrooms, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb havarti with dill (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus a couple tablespoons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (can be snipped with kitchen scissors)
- 3 -4 tablespoons capers, drained run your knife through them once
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded then thinly sliced
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 crusty poppy seed rolls or 4 buns, of your choice
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- gourmet potato chips (such as Terra Chips Onion and Herb Yukon Gold or blue potato chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground chicken, poultry seasoning, chopped shallots, Dijon mustard, chopped mushroom, diced Havarti, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Separate meat into four equal portions and form into 1" thick patties.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over patties and place them in the hot skillet. Cook 6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, dill and capers; then season with salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl combine cucumbers, half the red onion, tomatoes and 3/4 of the spinach. Dress salad with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then drizzle with a couple tablespoons olive oil to coat lightly and evenly. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Split rolls or buns. Place burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with sliced radishes, baby spinach and a heaping spoonful of herb-caper dressing slathered across bun tops.
- Add remaining sauce to salad and toss.
- Fancy chips finish the plate.