1/3 Photos of Danish Burgers W/ Herb Caper Sauce and a Mod Salad
These burgers are tasty, hearty, moist and very easy to make. The flavors are simply fabulous. The recipe comes from Rachael Ray. Tip: Put the cheese in the freezer while you prep everything - just 10 minutes in a deep freeze makes the dicing a lot easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, a palm full
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 button mushrooms, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb havarti with dill (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus a couple tablespoons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (can be snipped with kitchen scissors)
- 3 -4 tablespoons capers, drained run your knife through them once
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded then thinly sliced
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 crusty poppy seed rolls or 4 buns, of your choice
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- gourmet potato chips (such as Terra Chips Onion and Herb Yukon Gold or blue potato chips)
- 1Combine ground chicken, poultry seasoning, chopped shallots, Dijon mustard, chopped mushroom, diced Havarti, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- 2Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Separate meat into four equal portions and form into 1" thick patties.
- 4Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over patties and place them in the hot skillet. Cook 6 minutes on each side.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, dill and capers; then season with salt and pepper.
- 6In a salad bowl combine cucumbers, half the red onion, tomatoes and 3/4 of the spinach. Dress salad with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then drizzle with a couple tablespoons olive oil to coat lightly and evenly. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 7Split rolls or buns. Place burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with sliced radishes, baby spinach and a heaping spoonful of herb-caper dressing slathered across bun tops.
- 8Add remaining sauce to salad and toss.
- 9Fancy chips finish the plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Burgers W/ Herb Caper Sauce and a Mod Salad
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.2 mg
- Sodium 888.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 61.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
havarti with dill
white wine vinegar