The rough translation of this dish means "scrambled food" and is a great dish to use up leftovers from the night before. We have had this for breakfast as well as supper. Serve with ketchup, HP sauce and toast.
- Chop onions finely and dice meat and potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat a third of the oil or butter in frying pan.
- Brown the meat until golden brown and remove meat from pan.
- Add another third of the oil or butter and brown the potatoes at high heat until they are golden and crispy on the outside. Remove potatoes from pan.
- Add the remaining oil or butter to pan and cook the onions until clear.
- Add meat, bacon, chives and potatoes to pan.
- and heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fry the eggs in butter, sunny side up and place on top of meat mixture.
- (You can also scramble the eggs and mix all together).
- Top all of this with the grated cheddar and serve hot.