1/6 Photos of Danish Browned Cabbage With Caraway
2 hrs 10 mins
This cabbage goes well with pork. It is a traditional Danish dish. The caraway gives it a lovely flavor. You do not add any water with this recipe. It is cooked on the lowest number on your stove - there is enought moisture in thc cabbage that comes out as it slowly cooks. I cover the pot after adding the caraway seeds. Remember to stir each time you pass the stove. As mentioned by Swedish Chef in her review her MIL added an apple - I tried it and it is excellent. Thanks SW
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt Bacon dripping in a saucepan (or heat oil).
- 2Add cabbage.
- 3cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Add caraway seeds, continue cooking for at least another 1 1/2 hours. I have had it on for 4 hours.
- 5Give the pot a stir every time you pass by the stove.
- 6The cabbage will be golden brown when it is done.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Browned Cabbage With Caraway
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g