- 10 ounces smoked bacon
- 1 lb cooled boiled potato
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup non-sweet beer
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 -10 juniper berries
- salt and pepper
- finely-chopped parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into dices and the potatoes into slices.
- Melt butter in a pot and add the sugar. Add bacon and fry until the meat is light brown.
- Add the potatoes, beer, Worcestershire sauce and a little water and stir lightly. Add the bay leaves, juniper berries and a little salt and pepper. Let the stew simmer under cover for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.