Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know why I called this Danish breakfast! It 's loaded with calories and high fat but once in a while it's good to stoke up and this is very good
- 26 soda crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 eggs, beat until creamy
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated emmenthaler cheese (Gouda good too)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a pie plate make a crust of the soda crackers and the butter.
- To the beaten eggs add; sour cream,emmenthal, cheddar,Bacon, salt& pepper.
- Pour into the cracker crust.
- Bake 375F degrees 25-30 minutes (until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle).
- Let it sit for 10 min before cutting.
Bergy, I don't know what I did wrong, but my cracker base didn't stick to the egg mixture! However, I'm giving it 5 stars for the great taste! Thnx for posting! Made for KcK's Forum Scandinavia Kitchen.
Great breakfast. Didn't add salt because of the crackers. Since there were four of us for breakfast, I added a third egg. Used the gouda cheese. Another Bergy WINNER! Thanks.