Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The Everything Nordic Cookbook included this wonderful sounding spread. I love blue cheese of any variety and intend to spread this on some dark rye bread!
- 16 ounces blue cheese (Danablu if available)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (low fat or regular)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less)
- 2 (4 ounce) jars pimientos
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Using the whip attachment on a stand mixer, beat together the cheeses, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce until light and creamy.
- Add garlic, salt, pimentos, walnuts and chives. Fold together until well blended.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
- (Cooking time is chilling time.).
This was a truly blue cheese night here. Made this and served on some triscuits, and as a snack after having Baby Tarts of Blue Cheese (German and Vegetarian) for dinner .. a nice quick meal, and an appetizer after dinner. Very flavorful, and made for a great poker snack tonight, with the guys. Everyone enjoyed Made for your football win.