Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Danish Blue Cheese and Port sound like a great combo. This would be great for a party and will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. Recipe is from Barbara Kafka's "Party Food".
Top Review by Chef Kate
Having seen Charbear's photo and review, I copied what she did and piped the mixture on to crostini made from pumpernickel bread. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Mrs. Goodall!
- 8 ounces danish blue cheese, rindless and at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in food processor. Process, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before serving and stir in the walnuts when softened.
- (You may add the nuts right away if you're serving the spread within a few hours).
- Serve with bread, crackers or in pastry tartlets.