Danish Blue Cheese and Port sound like a great combo. This would be great for a party and will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. Recipe is from Barbara Kafka's "Party Food".
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in food processor. Process, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before serving and stir in the walnuts when softened.
- (You may add the nuts right away if you're serving the spread within a few hours).
- Serve with bread, crackers or in pastry tartlets.
Having seen Charbear's photo and review, I copied what she did and piped the mixture on to crostini made from pumpernickel bread. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Mrs. Goodall!
I was a little disappointed in these. We love blue cheese and port together, but felt it lost some of it's zing mixed together. Maybe the butter diluted the cheese too much.
I made these exactly per your recipe, putting the spread into a pastry bag and refrigerating for 15 minutes, then piped into mini tart shells I had made with my recipe for Pecan Crust Toasted Pecan Crust. This was a perfect combination of sweet and salty, and makes a great appetizer. I will certainly be using this recipe again, thank you for sharing it with us.