Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For Zaar World Tour 05, from the net. Looks like an easy desert to make.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- slivered almonds
- Purée berries in blender or press through sieve. Mix cornstarch and sugar in saucepan. Gradually stir in water; add purée. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Pour into dessert dishes or serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with half and half if desired.
Well, I'm from Denmark, and must add that this recipe is very authentic, except for the fact that the rÃ¸dgrÃ¸d is chunky, not that it being pureed changes the the taste :D Actually we serve it with cream too, which compliment the pudding very well.
Simple and delicious dessert to make that my house full of kids (guests) totally enjoyed. I topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Thanks for posting a great dessert!
I thounght this was plsant and easy, but not as intense a fruit flavor as I would have liked. I added additional lemon juice which did help brighten the flavor. I swirled with vanilla yogurt in champagnes flutes and garnished with fresh mint--it looked beautiful.