Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My children did not like banana bread and I found that recipe in a small magazine, I tried it. They love it so much that when I make it I cannot keep it for long. It is very tasty. It is now the only banana cake I make.
- 2⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups bananas (4-5 bananas)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cake: grease a mold 9 X 13 (some flour too), beat together the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs and beat
- Add vanilla and the mashed bananas
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Alterning with the sour cream add the dry ingredients to the first part.
- Pour into the mold and add on top the cinnamon, brown sugar, chipits and nuts. (I don't measure it, I sprinkle them over the cake); Cook 50 to 60 minutes at 350 degree F.
Mmmm....what a tasty treat! Love the texture of cake. This will be great in the morning with coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I was tired of making my regular banana bread and I had some chocolate chips on hand so I decided to give this a try. Wow! It's fantastic. My children said it was a great change from the regular and were asking to have a slice in their lunchboxes the next day. I didn't have enough chocolate chips so I added butterscotch chips to make up the difference. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting, Jeannetess.
A superb cake. I made it in a 9x13 pan. I only had 3 bananas and it still worked out great. I will make this cake again and again. Loved it....Thanks for posting!