- 1 cup dried apricot, packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Put apricots, water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat and simmer until apricots are soft, plumped and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- (Can be done in a Microwave).
- Puree in food processor, transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice and almond extract.
- Scrape filling into a small container and cool to room temperature.
- Seal container and chill.
- Will keep refrigerated for two weeks.