Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Applepork is a old Danish speciality, typically served at Christmas.
- Cut the pork into cubes, and fry them on a dry frying pan.
- Remove the pork.
- Cut the onions into slices, and fry (brown) them in the lard from the pork.
- Remove the onions.
- Cut the apples into slices, and fry them "tender" on the frying pan, with the frying pan covered.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the apples.
- Mix the pork and onions with the apples.
- It tastes wonderful together with dark bread or mashed potatoes.
Thank you!!!!!!!! I might even celebrate Christmas...
Very good and VERY easy. It was a good recipe to get to know my new mandoline. Everyone loved it and the only change I will make next time is to try Splenda instead of sugar. Thanks for posting!
I am really a beginner chef, and this is a really easy recipe. I added some cinnamon nutmeg to the sugar before I put it on the apples and it was great.