Recipe by CookingMonster
My mom makes these, not sure where she got the recipe, but they are really nice--and turn out nice too.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg yolk, plus
- milk, enough to make 2/3 cup
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 4 ingredients, as for a pie crust.
- Roll out 1/2 of the dough to fit cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with one cup of cornflakes that have been crushed, cover with 6 sliced apples.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Roll out 2nd half of dough and put on tops sealing edges.
- Brush stiffly beaten egg white over top of crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- When cool glaze with the final 3 ingredients.