Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of the most delicious cakes I have made everyone asks for the recipe:)Recipe found on the internet many years ago .
- 180 g butter (soft at room temperature)
- 180 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 180 g self raising flour, sifted
- 30 g sultanas
- 3 large firm apples, eg.granny smiths peeled,decored and sliced
- 30 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 29.58 ml caster sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- coffee sugar or coarse brown sugar
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar.
- Beat them together until they are light and creamy.
- While mixing slowly add the eggs one at a time until they are well combined.
- While mixing slowly add the flour and mix it until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the sultanas until they are well combined.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Grease a loose bottomed 20cm cake tin.
- Spread half of the batter evenly over the base of the cake tin (the batter may seem quite thick).
- Place a layer of the apples over the cake mix and scatter over the almonds.
- Mix the remaining caster sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the apples and almonds.
- Spread the remaining batter over the apples evenly.
- Sprinkle over the coffee sugar or brown sugar over the cake mixture.
- Place the cake on the centre shelf of the preheated oven and leave it to cook for 45 minutes.
- The cake should be firm and light golden, a skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clear.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool slightly then remove it carefully from the tin.
Cake turns out abit crumbly, can't cut properly but flavor and taste is great.