** Poppy **'s Note:
This is one of the most delicious cakes I have made everyone asks for the recipe:)Recipe found on the internet many years ago .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 180 g butter (soft at room temperature)
- 180 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 180 g self raising flour, sifted
- 30 g sultanas
- 3 large firm apples, eg.granny smiths peeled,decored and sliced
- 30 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- coffee sugar or coarse brown sugar
- 1Place the butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar.
- 2Beat them together until they are light and creamy.
- 3While mixing slowly add the eggs one at a time until they are well combined.
- 4While mixing slowly add the flour and mix it until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- 5Stir in the sultanas until they are well combined.
- 6Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- 7Grease a loose bottomed 20cm cake tin.
- 8Spread half of the batter evenly over the base of the cake tin (the batter may seem quite thick).
- 9Place a layer of the apples over the cake mix and scatter over the almonds.
- 10Mix the remaining caster sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it over the apples and almonds.
- 11Spread the remaining batter over the apples evenly.
- 12Sprinkle over the coffee sugar or brown sugar over the cake mixture.
- 13Place the cake on the centre shelf of the preheated oven and leave it to cook for 45 minutes.
- 14The cake should be firm and light golden, a skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clear.
- 15Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool slightly then remove it carefully from the tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Apple Cinnamon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g