A former neighbor of mine & I were trying out recipes from some newly acquired military community cookbooks we had "won" together on Ebay. My neighbor found this recipe in one called "Recipes on Parade:Desserts" and since we both had a copy of the cookbook, we both tried it out - and loved the recipe. You would serve this scooped into a bowl, garnished with a little shredded cheddar and whipped cream, or as my neighbor preferred, some vanilla ice cream. This tastes best warm. This is called a "cake" but is not a typical slicing cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml sweet unsalted butter, melted slightly
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml finely chopped apple (peeled, cored)
- 177.44 ml pecans, chopped
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- cheddar cheese, shredded,to taste
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9" square glass baking dish well.
- 3Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar).
- 4Stir in slightly melted butter.
- 5Add beaten egg,apples,nuts, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- 6Bake 30 minutes in prepared pan or until toothpick tests done.
- 7Serve warm with a bit of shredded Cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top and a dollop of whipped cream.
- 8I know the cheese part sounds strange, but it is the secret ingredient!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g