Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe I adapted from a Scandanavian website. It is decadent, moist, and easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter, melted slightly
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peeled cored chopped apple
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cool Whip
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Stir in slightly melted butter. Add beaten egg, apples, nuts and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Bake 30 minutes in prepared pan or until a wooden pick tests done.
- Serve warm with a bit of shredded Cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top and a dollop of whipped cream.