Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sounds delish! Saving it for a rainy day - comes from a little book called "Taste The Quality of California Prunes" that was handed out at Holland & Barrett
- 125 g butter, softened
- 165 g muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g ground almonds
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 ml milk
- 125 g california prunes, chopped
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 dessert apples
- 25 g butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5. Grease a 23cm loose-boittomed cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and muscovado sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, a little at a time. Fold in the ground almonds, flour and baking powder, then gently stir in the milk to make a butter. Pour the cake mixure into the prepared tin. Scatter the prunes on top of the cake mixture. Mix the walnuts and caster sugar together and sprinkle these over the prunes.
- Core the apples and thinly slice into wedges - place these over the walnuts and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and scatter over the remaing cubes of butter, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Bake for another 15 minutes until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve cut into wedges with a dollop of creme fraiche.
- Per Serving 444 kcalories, protein 6.3g carbohydrate 45.8g fat 27.9g saturated fat 11.2g, fibre 3.2g, sugar 37.6g, salt 0.2g.