Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake is truly delicious and has been a firm favourite in our family for years. Great for special occasions when you have people over. It keeps well for at least a week in an airtight tin.
- 125 g butter
- 170 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g almonds, ground
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 125 ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 soft dessert prunes
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 green apples, cored and peeled
- 25 g butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190°C.
- Cream together 125g butter and 170g sugar.
- Add well beaten aggs, almonds, self-raising flour, milk, vanilla and baking powder.
- Alternatively, place all these ingredients in a food processor for 10 seconds. Run a spatula around the bowl and process for a further 5 seconds.
- Either way, place the batter into a well greased 23 cm torte tin.
- Stone prunes and coarsely chop and place on batter.
- Mix walnuts with 2T sugar and spoon over the batter.
- Thinly slice apples and place over the top of the walnuts.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven by pulling out the rack it is sitting on.
- Quickly sprinkle over the apples 3T sugar, cubed butter and cinnamon.
- Slide the cake back into the oven and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Serve the cake with whipped cream.
So far so good, just waiting for the 40minutes but this easy to follow recipe was just what i was searching for after tasting this cake at franklins Deli at Fact Liverpool....Yum!