Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Almond flavored sweet.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces almond paste (broken in pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 whole egg (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (sliced)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In a small bowl, using fork, combine sugar, margarine and almond paste; mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles; over lap long sides to form 1 large rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. Press or roll out 16x8 inch rectangle; cut lengthwise into three equal strips.
- Place 3 tablespoons filling mixture evenly down center of each strip. Gently press filling to form 1 inch wide strip. Overlap side of dough over filling; firmly pinch edges to seal. On ungreased cookie sheet, loosely braid 3 filled strips.
- Form braid into ring; pinch ends of strips together to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.