Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: "Baking with Julia"
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Put almonds, sugar and butter into food processor.
- Process until almonds are finely ground, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Add almond extract and 2 Tbl of the beaten egg white.
- Process until mixed.
- Stor in airtight container in the refrigerator until needed (up to 1 week).
- Bring to room temperature before using.
This recipe was easy and absolutely delicious! It is exactly the almond filling that we have been enjoying in our favorite bakery's almond croissants. Instead of grinding 1 cup of whole almonds, we used a generous 1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill almond meal. Wonderful!!
I've wanted to make almond paste for a while and this was so good, easy and cheap (compared to the canned stuff)... will be making this again. Thank you for sharing!
This is delicious and so easy to do. I used it to do recipe#158759 Thanks for posting this recipe :) I'll do it often for many desserts.