Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe of my daughters. Actually it is a variation of a recipe of mine but my daughter was being creative one day and came up with this. Now my husband says there better than mine and I have to agree. Enjoy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat potatoes with oil and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Set to slightly cool.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Place potato shells on baking sheet.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter,salt, pepper and garlic powder to potato mixture and whip as if preparing mashed potatoes.
- If potatoes are a little too stiff or lumpy warm in the microwave and add 1-2 tbs milk.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells and top with crumbled bacon, chives, and sprinkle with paprika& cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed and cheese is lightly browned.
Your daughter can cook! These tasty potatoes have all of the flavors and colors of a restaurant "baked potato with everything on it". They are totally irresistable and tasty, and the bacon is a must! Thanks Cher for sharing...and thank your talented daughter!
Made exactly to a T. Took a previous reviews suggestion and added the bacon grease. They were great.
Dani, as my husband said "those potatoes were the bomb"!! They were so so good-I did as another suggested and added just a little bacon grease but to be honest I didn't even notice it. These will be the only ones I make from now on. Your well on your way to being another Paula Dean!! Excellent recipe...thank you so much.