Recipe by Fran Sondia
I like this recipe because it is so simple and easy lease ingredients and still delicious.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (duncan hines moist deluxe)
- 1 box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (sm)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 (1 ounce) bottles red food coloring (Shilling brand)
- 1 cup tap water
- 4 large eggs (room Temp)
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients: cake mix, cocoa and pudding mix together well.
- Then in another bowl mix water, vinegar, eggs, food coloring and oil.
- Mix together with dry ingredients for 1 minute.
- Be sure to grease pan and bake for 1 hour or until cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center and it come out clean.
- Do not over bake.
- For the frosting: mix together all frosting ingredients until fluffy, frost and chill.