Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My brother invented this when he was a little boy--it's great!
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs mixed fruit
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- Put all of step one ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil
- Take of heat and add step two ingredients.
- Then add step three ingredients.
- Bake in lined tin at 300°F for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Simple to make, and delicious! A definite keeper :-)