A good friend of mine gave me this wonderful recipe. She told me that every time she made these for a party everyone would demand the recipe with their mouths' full! On my end, every time there's some kind of pot-luck around everyone requests that I bring this dish. Prep time does not include defrost time.
- Defrost and drain the spinach. Thoroughly squeeze handfuls to remove the liquid. Reserve for another use if desired. The water leftover from this is great for cooking pasta or rice!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix drained spinach with all remaining ingredients except cooking spray.
- Spray a 9x2x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until top is nicely browned. Let cool and cut into squares.
- My favorite way to have leftover spinach squares is to cut one up into small pieces and use it as omelet filling. Yummy!
- Cut into 24 squares for hors d'oeuvres.