1/1 Photo of Danielle's Spinach Squares
Ciocia DD's Note:
A good friend of mine gave me this wonderful recipe. She told me that every time she made these for a party everyone would demand the recipe with their mouths' full! On my end, every time there's some kind of pot-luck around everyone requests that I bring this dish. Prep time does not include defrost time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Defrost and drain the spinach. Thoroughly squeeze handfuls to remove the liquid. Reserve for another use if desired. The water leftover from this is great for cooking pasta or rice!
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Mix drained spinach with all remaining ingredients except cooking spray.
- 4Spray a 9x2x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until top is nicely browned. Let cool and cut into squares.
- 5My favorite way to have leftover spinach squares is to cut one up into small pieces and use it as omelet filling. Yummy!
- 6Cut into 24 squares for hors d'oeuvres.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danielle's Spinach Squares
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 212.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g